PacaPod Coromandel, the UK travel baby bag. Photo credit: PacaPod.
Need smart ways to beat family holiday stress?
Experienced traveler and mother of two Jacqueline Waggett, PacaPod inventor and designer, offers these tips for family travel with babies and toddlers.
PacaPod is the UK’s travel baby bag (above) with the baby organization system which helps parents organize baby feeding and changing equipment.
Here are 10 Family Holiday Stress Tips:
1. LUGGAGE: “Travel with just two compact hand luggage bags which can fit under airplane/car foot well for easy access.”
2. SNACKS: “Always have plenty of emergency snacks (and a few treats) to distract little ones.”
3. ENTERTAINMENT: “Carry paper and crayons to entertain children, plus books and brochures of where you are going so they can get involved and ‘map out the journey’.”
4. COMFORT: “An inflatable headrest ‘pillow’ is a godsend for tired little heads and fleeces to keep them cozy.”
5. PLANNING: “It takes longer to travel with small children so allow plenty of extra time to avoid stressing out.”
6. HEALTH: “Pack kids pain relief in a sachet and a spoon and teething gel – it’s not sticky and won’t leak.”
7. CLOTHING: “Take one extra full set of clothes for your children – in case of spilt drinks, or toilet disasters!”
8. DOCUMENTS: “Store all your travel documents in one front easy to access pocket to avoid a last minute panic and rummaging in your bags.”
9. CLEANING: “Pack plenty of tissues and hand wipes and a couple of spare sandwich bags for storing rubbish.”
10. ORGANIZATION: “Most of all – be prepared! If you are organized, you might just feel like you’re having a holiday too!”
For more family travel tips, visit the PacaPod site.